A fansite for NBCs Parks and Recreation!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Aziz Ansari: Time Out NY

Time Out New York’s Q&A with Aziz Ansari
February 3rd, 2010
From Time Out New York:

In your Comedy Central special, you have a whole bit about getting chummy with Kanye West. Does he know you’re doing it?
I performed that whole Kanye routine over speakerphone for him when I did a show in San Francisco, to make sure he was cool with all of it before I put it down on the special. He was cool with all of it.

What about your younger cousins? You make fun of them, too.
Now, unfortunately, they get beat up by this big kid at their school named Mongo. It’s really a bummer. No, I’m just kidding—they are fine and still chubby weird kids that watch Burn Notice and Psych all the time.

Ever since I saw the episode of your old show, Human Giant, with Michael K. Williams, I’ve wanted to ask: Are you a big fan of The Wire?
The Wire is hands down my favorite TV show ever, and I’ve been lucky enough to meet and work with some of the cast. I was standing behind Jamie Hector [who plays Marlo Stanfield] in line at a party once, and they were checking his name off the list; I was hoping the person mispronounced it, just so he could say, “My name is my name!” And then maybe Chris Partlow and Snoop could take that person out and put ’em in the vacants. If you haven’t seen The Wire, I just wasted your time with those last few sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment