A fansite for NBCs Parks and Recreation!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Aziz in AOL TV

Aziz Ansari’s Q&A with AOL TV
December 2nd, 2009
From AOL TV:

You’ve guest-starred on a number of shows, including ‘Scrubs’ and ‘Flight of the Conchords.’ What show would you most want to make a guest appearance on?
I think I should play David Palmer’s long-lost son in the next season of ‘24.’ But I’d work at CTU. I’m not a politician.

In terms of your own stand-up, it’s been said by older comics that you need at least 20 years to develop your style.
Yeah, there’s a quote from Jay Leno, I think, that said your first 500 shows don’t matter and I think that’s pretty true. I didn’t put out my first album until now and it’s been eight years since I started. You’re always developing as a comedian. You look at guys like Louis C.K., who’s been doing this for 20 or so years, and it’s like, wow, that guy’s been doing stand-up for about as long as I’ve been alive. He’s so far ahead of everyone.

You moved to Los Angeles from New York last year. What’s the best and worst part about living in L.A.?
The best thing is there’s a lot of really delicious taco trucks there and occasionally you’ll see Lorenzo Lamas walking around. And the worst thing is occasionally you’ll see Lorenzo Lamas walking around.

No comments:

Post a Comment